Sunday 9 December 2012

Sometimes the best intentions ...

It's a dull, dreary, rainy day here on the West Coast of Canada.  (Surprised?) I am inside trying to take new product photographs of my new stitch marker sets and some other items that I want to list on Etsy.  I'm also helping out a friend and listing a few of her handsewn pillow covers and a lovely quilted bag she has made.  Easy, right?  I take photographs all the time, and so taking photos of these items ought to be simple, right? Wrong ...
I don't know why they are so hard to photograph, but they are! The lighting in my house is either too dark for the photos, or too glary, or too uneven, or a myriad of other things ... and it is too dark, rainy and gloomy to go outside to try taking them out there in the natural light.
I am waiting for the camera to upload the pics to the computer so I can see if I can at least adjust the lighting there.  My friend has some lovely cushion covers, but of course I don't have any pillows of the proper size to fit them. I don't feel my pictures have done her items justice. *sigh*  At any rate, I have taken the photos and we'll see how they turn out with perhaps some post-processing magic.  I can always list them and then replace the photos later. Or, if the photos are really bad, I can wait for a brighter day.  Stay tuned!

Oh - and by the way, please feel free to share my blog with your friends, and comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment